We invite applications for a fellow group to work on the topic of scientific effects of transdisciplinary research.
So far, only little research exists on scientific effects of transdisciplinary research. There is extensive literature on (and critique of) indicators that measure scientific impact, as well as recurring claims that these indicators do not adequately capture the broad effects of transdisciplinary research. However, insights into the effects of transdisciplinary research on science are scarce. For example, we do not know much on benefits of the transdisciplinary research mode for scientific knowledge production or on reciprocal effects between transdisciplinary research and disciplinary research.
Therefore, we invite applications for a fellow group to work on these topics. The fellow group will work independently but in regular exchange with the responsible persons for Topic Line 2 (scientific effects of transdisciplinary research) of ISOE – Institute for Social-Ecologic Research. The Robert Bosch Stiftung provides funding for the fellow group.
Possible topics include:
- Reciprocal effects between (specific) disciplines and transdisciplinary research
- Scientific effects of transdisciplinary research on personal, project, or institutional level
- Indicators for different kinds of scientific effects of transdisciplinary research
- How to promote scientific effects of transdisciplinary research?
- The fellow group should consist of 2-3 persons
- Financially supported by Robert Bosch Stiftung (stipend, travel and accommodation allowances)
- Duration: About 3 months full-time (part-time possible); alternatively, the fellows can meet four times for up to four days within the term of the funding until May 2023.
- Work mode mostly remote, meetings of the fellow group at ISOE in Frankfurt am Main are possible
- Period: between October 2022 and May 2023
If you are interested, please send an outline of your project and information about yourself to Oskar Marg, email@example.com and Lena Theiler, firstname.lastname@example.org until 30 September 2022. We welcome groups, but are also happy to connect interested individuals. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.